People are increasingly turning to smartphones and other electronic devices for everyday needs — including their health and healthcare. COVID-19 delivers a wake-up call for the healthcare industry to get its digital house in order. Nowadays patient interacts with your clinic, practice, or hospital digitally.
Hence, it is mandatory for all healthcare professionals to have the best medical website design. Offering a user-centered digital experience turns online visitors into one-time patients and one-time patients into loyal and trusting patients. Along the way, well-designed healthcare websites allow staff to focus on high-value patient interactions in the moments that truly matter.
Image Source: Google
User experience (UX) is a mindset and set of practices that prioritize users’ needs and experience. UX applies to any physical or digital experience but is most often used when designing websites and digital experiences
Successful UX is synonymous with a user-friendly website because it integrates simplicity and elegance with awareness of the user’s point of view at all times. Healthcare site visitors (patients, potential patients, and families) typically rate their website experiences based on some or all of the following factors:
- The ability to quickly meet their specific need at that moment in time
- Website features and functionality focused on digital delivery: appointment scheduling, location information, video visits, physician lookup, etc.
- Ability to view health information, test results, and billing
- Site or page speed load time
- Availability for customer support
- Voice and tone of the content and images